Here's A Little Secret...

by - Monday, April 02, 2012






What I'm Wearing
Hair Flower: H&M ($3)
Earrings: Brooklyn Beauty Supply Store ($1)
Bracelets: Turquoise: F21 ($5) Wood: old (?)
Rings: Assorted
Sheer Tiger Print Bead-Embellished Dress/Top: H&M ($5)
Black High-Waisted Shorts: Macy's (gift)
Strappy Wedge Booties: BCBG (my sister's closet)

So, here's a little wardrobe secret that I learned when I started blogging:

Just because you bought it as a dress doesn't mean you must wear it as a dress.


And this statement goes for everything! I mean... there's only so many ways you can wear shorts... but almost everything else in your closet can be transformed into another piece, saving you money, time, and extending the life and use of most of your garments. I've turned a polka dot tube top into a bodycon skirt simply by pulling it down. This top is, as you can see, originally a dress (a beach cover up, I believe) and I didn't let that stop me from wearing it another way.

Once you open your eyes to trying different things, you'll see how your style and creativity evolve right before your eyes. I've worn dresses as headwraps, scarves as bandeaus, hairclips as bowties and many more! Try it! You'll love it!




follow me|facebook|twitter|bloglovin|chictopia

You May Also Like

0 comments